Monday, April 27, 2009

Mmmm, Pizza!

After I weighed in last Thurs., I was planning on treating myself to a Hardees sausage and egg biscuit. I had exactly 10 minutes to make it there after the meeting, before they started serving lunch. I was following old habits...treating myself with something bad, because I had done something good, like lose a few pounds. I realized that this treat system hadn't worked real well in the past, and besides, I had worked hard to lose those a 5 lbs! So I didn't go to Hardees. (By the way, I went to Hardees for that same biscuit right before I went to WW to sign up. And I wore my heaviest jeans...trying to play beat the scale)


So I went home, and started rummaging thru the fridge. And inspiration took hold! Why not make a pizza on a whole wheat tortilla? So I did! Warning: the following pictures may make you hungry for one!
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put a whole wheat tortilla (I used burrito sized) on a pan, and put in oven while preheating. This will give you a crispier crust.
Once the oven is preheated, remove the tortilla and add 1/4 cup of Ragu Pizza sauce, and some Italian Seasonings.


I added some Canadian bacon, pepperoni sliced thin. But truth be told, I couldn't even taste it, so next time I will save myself the 1 point.

Next, I added some green peppers, onions, and mushrooms that I had caramelized with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. You can also steam the veggies in the microwave for 3 minutes.



Then I added 1/4 cup of 2% Mozzarella cheese.

Bake the pizza for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden looking.



Doesn't it look good? It was sooo yummy! And very satisfying, and it only took 10 minutes to throw together...less time than waiting in a drive thru lane!

Points

1 Whole wheat Tortilla 3

1/4 cup 2% Mozz cheese 2

8 thin slices Canadian bacon 1

Vegies and sauce 0

1 tsp olive oil 1

Total 7 pts

Next time I make this, I will skip the Canadian bacon (couldn't taste it) and I will just microwave the veggies, and save myself 2 pts.




















No comments:

Post a Comment